1. Register your kit
2. Label your specimen tube(s) with your ID sticker.
3. Wash your hands before starting, undress in privacy, get in a comfortable position.
4. Remove swab from packaging, do not touch the tip of the swab. Unscrew the specimen tube(s) and have it sitting up straight (be sure not to spill the preservative)
5. Hold the swab in your hand below the ridge line, not touching the break line.
6. Instert to swab into your vagina about 2 inches. Rotate the swab for about 10-30 seconds. Be sure that the swab touches the walls of vagina to get a good specimen. Remove the swab out of the vagina with out touching the skin. Immediately place the swab (without touching the tip) into the specimen tube(s) and break the swab with your fingers at the break point.
7. Discard the top portion of the swab shaft
8. Secure the cap of the specimen container with the swab sample inside
9. Place the specimen tube(s) inside the biohazard bag with absorbent pad and close it. Fill out your patient information form and place both into your prepaid pre-addressed envelope.
10. Mail through FedEx (prepaid envelope included) 36 hour lab turnover.